FRESH, the Movie
Supper (optional), film & post-film discussion
6:00 – 8:30 pm
Friday, January 29
FRESH celebrates the farmers, thinkers and business people across America who are re-inventing our food system. Each has witnessed the rapid transformation of our agriculture into an industrial model, and confronted the consequences: food contamination, environmental pollution, depletion of natural resources, and morbid obesity. Forging healthier, sustainable alternatives, they offer a practical vision for a future of our food and our planet.
6:00 supper (optional); 7:00 film (run time 72 minutes); post-film dialog with food policy experts.
Market Square Presbyterian Church, 20 South 2nd Street, Harrisburg. Complimentary parking available at the church’s garage next door.
* Environmental Film Festival 2009 Official Selection
* Sustainable Living Film Festival 2009 Official Selection
* Newport Beach Film Festival 2009 Official Selection
* Maine International Film Festival Official Selection 2009
Film (cash and/or gardening equipment donations* accepted); supper $5
* Donations of gardening equipment, seeds or gift certificates from appropriate vendors are gratefully accepted. Our recipient is the Ben Franklin Middle School, opposite the historic Broad Street Market, who will be establishing a new school garden as part of its math/science curriculum.
Reservations & Deadlines
Supper reservation is recommended. Call 230.9670 or email@example.com  by January 25.
Chicken bot boi (traditional Amish pot pie), vegetable chili, crusty farm bread, fruit, wholesome cookies, drinks and coffee/tea (all made with fresh and local ingredients). Catered by New Leaf Catering
“FRESH offers an uplifting look at what happens when farmers, business people, and the community band together to get involved in their own food production. If you’re still recovering from last summer’s Food, Inc., this may be the movie for you.” – Village Voice
Citizens for Pennsylvania’s Future (PennFuture)
Market Square Presbyterian Church
Innovative Business Concepts
ABOUT SLOW FOOD: Food is a common language and universal right. Slow Food USA envisions a world in which all people can eat food that is good for them, good for the people who grow it and good for the planet. In essence, food that is good, clean and fair. You don’t have to be a member of Slow Food to attend; but by becoming a member, you’ll accrue great merit.
Film Fest Invitation